Tuesday, June 27, 2006

Welcome to Lab part 2

Another summer student arrived at the lab today from Oxford University. I spent most of the afternoon getting him up to speed with registration and such. We went off to meet the head professor. At the most basic level, he's a really nice guy. He just needs a life.

"Welcome to the lab... here are some tour books of Sendai and the Tohoku region"
"Thanks"
"You might not be able to use the Tohoku region though... I think you're going to be busy here"

And the professor said it with a smile. I don't think all of Japan is like this, but this is supposition at the moment. I'll see about it when I start my internship later next month. The company I'll be working at for 2~3 weeks will be finalized tomorrow. Wish me luck, I'm going after Sharp and Fujitsu.

No comments: