Sunday, June 18, 2006

Time for a diet?

There comes a time, when youthful skinny person's metabolizm wears out. That time often occurs somewhere right after getting your undergraduate degree. There were some articles I read back in my unversity days that guys start gaining weight yearly at some point in their lives at approximately 1~2 pounds/year.

Since getting in to lab, my body mass has been increasing. I arrived into lab at 63 kg (139 lb) and weighed in at 69 kg (151 lb). To be honest, 151 lb is my average body weight during school so this shouldn't be much of a surprise, but one day, my usual "in school" and "out of school" mass won't be so cyclic; but instead, take a climb like a plane at lift off.

I should take a note that when I am talking about mass, I'm talking about fat. Take heed that fat and muscles are different things entirely, you can be heavy with muscles or fat. The point is that one looks better. I have to explain this point most oftenly when I invite girls (no offence if you know this already) to go work out with me when they think they're getting flabby (and no, I don't use it as a pick up line :P But *you* could if you like :P).

Well, in the face of tons of things to do... I'll make a post about that later on, it's time for me to hit the gym for a little.

No comments: