Tuesday, June 13, 2006

A Picture Update

Here's a picture update of life in Japan:

October (sometime) -- Got my brain scanned (fRMI) and got paid $100 for it!


Results: 100% Sane, 99% genius + 1% uber-genius (red parts indicate brain parts in use)

Actually, it was for an experiment comparing there difference between a native speaker of English vs a non-native (ie Japanese) person interpreting English. I signed up for the experiment solely to get a picture of my brain, the money was a bonus. Unfortunately, I didn't take a picture of the machine. But it was very cool none the less.

A big machine, powerful magnetic fields and all. I laid down read stuff in English and responded to a test by pushing buttons. 2 hours for $100 and a picture of my brain. Priceless!

May 20th Boat Races:

The lab put together 4 teams for long boat races, I was on one of them. We were looking pretty good with our timing and had plenty of speed at our practice (right before the race). The only problem is that my row seat fell off during the race causing us to lose. Ugh... next time gadget... next time!

The topless dude is me!
Yep, that's me!

May 26th -- Safety Training

What else do I do in my spare time? Well I'm a super hero of course! I jump out of buildings, save babies and put out fires.


Left :Me getting ready to jump out of a building (after noticing something wrong)
Right: Landing to safety

What I learned: Don't jump off the 3rd floor of a building with slack in the rope. Duh! Especially with 3 floor's worth of slack. I was hanging off the building because I just noticed a crap load of slack in the rope... stupid saftey people! I should also mention that bungie jumping with a rope that doesn't stretch is also a bad idea. :)

I'm a fireman! Does it mean that I'm hot now?

June 4th -- My Birthday Party:

Why is it that everyone has an infatuation with spelling out my name with random things?
The gang at the party!
What could this be?
Hey it's a French dessert cook book!

That's all for now :)

No comments: