Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Oh no!!! Internship bust

What horrible luck, probably serves me right.

Today was the "Paper scissors rock" tournament to decide where people would be going for their internship. To put it bluntly, I got screwed.

My number 1 and 2 choices were Sharp and Fujitsu. 6 people for 2 positions at Sharp... suffice to say, I was one of the first losers from that round leaving me with Fujitsu in Tokyo. For Fujitsu I would face one other person for the position. It didn't end well in my favor.

With most companies already picked out by other companies, I was left with places that either wouldn't take foreign students or in places that were in Sendai (I wanted to get out of Sendai for my internship). I got stuck with a polymer research institute in Utsunomiya. Atleast the Gyoza there is good... but the 10 day term that I'll be working there at will have me miss the Jazz Festival in Sendai. It ends on the 15th of Sept.

Well, consolation is that the Gyoza is good...

No comments: