Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Night Life (Lab Life)

Been getting home no earlier than midnight for the past few days. I've been sort of making that up by sleeping in till 9~10 am and then heading into lab and then sleeping in between experiment runs recently, I am pretty back to my normal sleep levels. It's 10:00 pm here and I am fairly awake. There is a group meeting going on right behind my seat as I type this, but everyone is staring at the projector screen while I type this (and also work on my weekend presentation).

Turns out for the presentation, I have lots to talk about. At first I was worried all week that I'd have nothing to talk or present about, but fortunately for all bi-monthly lab meetings, I've been making powerpoint slides and saving them that I can quickly review what I have been doing for the past 3 months. Turns out to be much more than I realized and I am very grateful (in the copy and paste sense), I was worried for the entire week that I wasn't geting any real work done for the past 3 months.

I have been working on the presentation, I now have 32 slides as of this moment (I've copied probably 15~17 of them from other presentaitons I have done) and still have about another 10 to go. Then for tomorrow, I need to update a hand out from my last presentation, print things out and then I should be complete for my presentation! Yay.

Looks like I can go out and play this Friday. Yay!

No comments: