Sunday, March 05, 2006

Hina Matsuri -- Girl's Festival

Hina-matsuri, also known as girl's festival in Japan... also known as doll's festival where the Japanese pray for the well being of their girls. The girls end up getting taken out by their family for a dinner and occasionally dress up in kimonos. I finished my presentation on Friday and jetted from the lab to hit the festival as my way of celebrating for working like mad on my presentation. Enjoy the pictures!


That's Xavier, from France, yeah I guess I can see why girls can dig French guys :)

A normal picture!

Now with 50% more smile!

My presentation suit (western Kimono?) with the ladies

Some people thought we were married :P

The Kimono master putting on my clothes ("Excuse me, you're going to have to take off your clothes!")

General sillyness

More general sillyness!

I've got more but, I'm sure you get the idea :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, Justin! You look pretty good in a kimono! You should purchase one (including hakama) and bring it back to Canada! Pretty cool stuff.

Paladiamors said...

Definately, I'd love to get a kimono but they're kind'a pricey, I'll see what I can do!