Sunday, May 28, 2006

What a day...

When you meet the right group of people in Japan, they can become incredibly close friends. Kuni, my roomie, has many of them. For the past few days, he's been working on a gift album for 2 of his friends, putting together a page of comments and pictures and coordinating with other friends to have them make a page of personal comments to the lucky b-day people. The book was printed a few days ago. The party occured tonight at some restaurant. I'm not really apart of that group, but I do know the people. That and I had other things to do that day that I'll post about later when I've downloaded pictures off the camera.

They dropped by the appartment to have an after party (ie. more drinking). I played poker with a few of them and caught up with a few others. By midnight, 2 of Kuni's friends fell asleep in his room. By 2:00 am, one of them puked on the floor. It's the first time I've ever seen someone puke from drinking too much. I am happy to say that I've never had that experience and intend on keeping it that way.

Kuni, had passed out on my bed so I was left to clean up the mess-- a kitchen towel, a bucket of water and dish soap seemed to get the stuff out pretty well. The guy (the b-day guy, actually) after 15 minutes went off to the washroom where he holed up for about 20 minutes, pumping more fluids out of his mouth. They've already left but I have to take a leak right now but I'm not terribly fond of the smell in the washroom at this moment.

One of Kuni's remaining friends that managed to sober up, helped me relocate Kuni off my bed into his futon. Some resistance was met but Kuni at the end was ultimately pacified.

I laugh to think sometimes that Kuni on his Japanese blog (yes, it is funny that we both write about each other) calls me his younger brother (technically, Kuni is about 3 months older than I). Supposedly he's always wanted to have a younger sibiling, for he's the youngest out of 3. Ironically, I've occasionally end up taking care of him and his friends in cases such as these. I thought the elder brother are supposed to be the more responsible one? Ah well... I wouldn't say that I'm pissed at having to deal with this, it's sort of an interesting experience.

Tomorrow, I wake at 9:00 to teach English for an hour. It is now 3 am... good night.

No comments: