Tuesday, May 23, 2006

A few goals

The meeting finished at about 10:30 yesterday. I was pretty thrashed and hungry at the sametime after the meeting. After going on about 4~5 hours of sleep for about 3~4 days, that began to take it's toll on me. I had a bad headache, fast heart rate, went a bit feverish and felt fairly dizzy for most of the evening.

I headed home and hit the grocery store on the way back. Steak slices were on sale, I bought those, vegetables, bananas and some sports drink to bring home. Whipped up some food in about 15~20 minutes wolfed them down. Had the sports drink (which did wonders making me feel better) and then had a glass or 2 of Shochu (wine made from potatoe :P) with my roomie, Kuni.

Shortly after that I collapsed into bed, to wake up at 9:00 am after I heard my other roomie, Olympia wake up so I could go and bug her to say "wow, this is like the first time I've ever seen you awake in the moring" before heading back to bed.. to wake at 10:15. Left the house at 10:20 and made it into class by 10:32 going full bore on my scooter.

Classes ended at noon and the cafeteria is busy and I'd rather not wait in line so I'm here instead.

Last night on my way home in my stupor I thought of a few long term goals I have as of current:

1. Start a Japanese blog (already done, but there's a story behind that)
2. Attend and present results at atleast 1 research conference
3. Attempt to publish 2 research papers
4. Read a book in Japanese (novels and text books count)

Bonus 5: Exercise

1 comment:

Paladiamors said...

Not sure what the cut was, but the next time I do find out I'll make a post.

The meat was lean and tough. So no, it wasn't striploin or ribeye at all. I had about 200 grams for about $5. Meaning not so good steak at 2.5x the cost it would be in Canada.