Wednesday, May 24, 2006

I am a bad bad man, but to hell with it

I had some fortunate luck today. Today was the engineering sports day, meaning that the homework I had due to day is due next week and though I was a volunteer for the sports day event, I didn't do a thing.

That is because I misread the task list and didn't meet up with the students this morning. The afternoon came and I tried to meet up with them but to no avail. I did find out where one of the guys were but he was none to friendly. I couldn't give a damn so I left and never returned.

From the start, this whole volunteering with the sports day event was pretty much a bust. I signed up for this because I thought it would be a nice way to meet people and make friends. I attended one of the meetings and they turned out to be the most glum people there, leadership sucked and the atmosphere resembled a funeral. I was going to volunteer in a group like this? In a situation like this there are 3 choices: 1. Step up, 2. Walk. or 3. Bite it. Personally I never pick 3 because it's a waste of time.

There was a second meeting held that I missed by accident because I was working on experients. One of the people from the meeting came out and got one of my other lab mates to attend and he had the exact samething... the people were the most serious looking people out there. From there on in I'd recieve a few e-mails, the job for me to run the after party got userped to someone else and that was that. I was still on the mailing list but never showed. Heh, I'm a bad bad man.

No comments: