Monday, September 26, 2005

Taiwan Sept 14th and 15th

So here are the first 2 days of my Taiwan trip. I spent the first 3 days in Taipei meeing up with friends from the dorm that went home. Kai Ling and Rifan were really awesome by comming out the airport to meet up with me and show me around. Due to some silly thing with the naming of the picture files, it was better to post the 3rd day of the Taiwan trip in a separate album... which I'll do later. Just horribly tired at the moment :P

What can I say about Taiwan... it was really hot, even for September. They were pushing 33 degrees C and going up to 36 degrees with humidity. Air conditioner in Taiwan is like a necessity. It is hard to imagine what life must have been before air conditioning came around.

I visited the night markets, the CKS memorial hall and the national palace museum during the first 2 days. You can check out all about my first 2 days here.

As for now.. I am pooped, so off to bed I go. I'll make more comments later on.

G'night!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Justin, what a great time you must be having. Your tour guides are doing a great job! I must reiterate what you already know - food is CHEAP in Taiwan, at least from what I remember and what I was reading in your pictures (relative to Canada/Japan). I'm getting nostalgic seeing your photos. Thanks for the memories!