Sunday, August 28, 2005

Sendai from Above

I went to the Aeru building yesterday (tall building in Sendai) during a break from studying (a 15 minute scooter ride from the droms) to catch the sunset and took a few pictures of Sendai from above. There are plenty of high rise buildings in Sendai but I can say honestly, I much prefer the asthetic looks of the buildings in Vancouver-- there is a sense of style in Vancouver. In Sendai the buildings have a bit of a boxy look. But don't mind me, I'm just kind of spoiled comming from Vancouver (and spent way too much time taking walks in Coal Harbor).


Looking North West

Looking West

Looking South West

Looking East

Looking way west. The buildings on top of the mountain (if you can see them) is the Engineering Department. The nice thing about Tohoku University is that it's literally located right by a pretty big forest. A section of the area is sanctioned off as a nature preserve. Very beautiful, went scootering around there one late afternoon. I'll be going for a hike there the next chance I get.

More photos on life in Japan to follow, stay tuned!

No comments: