Thursday, August 18, 2005

Going away parties, too much to handle?

Yesterday Fred (from America) and Mikiko (Swedish girl) had their going away party. International students, Japanese people, all you can drink and food. It was quite the party.

I had my revenge against Abby for out drinking me the last time we downed a beer. Friends shot edamame (green soy beens) at each other, met a Japanese person called "Saiko" (sounds like "Psycho"). We made fun of Abby (from Taiwan) who got "Intimidate" and "Intimate" wrong after she blurted "Do you want me to 'intimate' you!?" after some guy was bugging her. No, we didn't let her live that down for a while.

The food was pretty good and I had a bunch of drinks. What else. Austrailian girls are eeeeevil! Apparently they were teaching some Japanese girl pick up lines. Who ended up blurting them out at me. It started with "Hey you're hot," then "I love you," then "I want to have your children." Tsk tsk tsk I wasn't about to let them have their way with me :) I shouted back "You're gonna have to deal with twins if you're going to mess with me!" laughter ensued.

More interesting, while I was talking to Fred... when he suddenly stopped talking and started staring. I looked around and caught what he was seeing. Apparently one Korean gal was complaining to another friend about her boobs, the other was checking them out telling her that they were "OK." Some of the Japanese girls caught Fred staring and asked him if he thought his boobs were okay and proceeded to check them by poking at his chest. I couldn't help but laugh.

After 2 hours, our all-you-can-drink time limit elapsed and the party moved on to Karaoke. I didn't attend however, I had to headed back to the dorms to give a friend of mine heading back to Taiwan her present --> mango pudding (yes it's quite popular over here :). An army of friends were in her room, like 5~6 of us helping her out clean everything before she had to go the next day.

I got back into my room by 2:00 am... woke up at 10:00 am and was late for a special lecture on MicroElectricMachine fabrication techniques by 30 minutes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Twins eh? As least you haven't lost your come-backs. Yes, we all miss those witty remarks of yours (and your mango pudding...*drool*).

Paladiamors said...

I'll be sure to whip up some when I get back! You know, making mango pudding in Japan is buring a hole in my wallet!

200ml of Cream goes for like $4 here! And I usually need 500ml! Insanity. Selling cream by the liter is unheard of here, and so is selling milk by those big cartons!

Paladiamors said...

The crazy thing is that Coconut Cream (imported) is cheaper at $1.5 for 250 ml!

Oh yeah cooking in Japan is weird! 1 cup = 200 ml in Japan!

Wrazn said...

How the HECK does 1 cup = 200 mL?!?!?!?!?!?! Huh.

Paladiamors said...

Simple, that's how all their measuring cups were. I was stumped for a while when I saw their measuring cups... "why is 1 cup = 200 ml?? Am I reading this wrong?" Nope as it turns out I that's what it is! They even sell cream in 200 ml containers! Seriously wth?