Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Armed and Dangerous (watch out thieves!)

I know of atleast 3 bikes being stolen, 2 of them were my friend's and the last one was mine. Today at 2:00 am I saw a suspicious guy walking around the bike racks (my window is located right outside the racks) who have since walked away. I wasn't so miffed about having my bike stolen (I have a scooter now right?) but people that think that they can go around stealing things don't sit well with me. I found my bike elsewhere in the bike racks. Interestingly this thief actually parked my bike at some "bike parking zone" and paid for the parking fee! Can you imagine that?

As a parting gift, I inherited a BB gun from Olen among many things... like spices and herbs up the wazoo, but that is a different story. So here is the little devil that I have got here.

Non lethal, and just stings. Apparently the current batch of international students that are going home had a thing for BB guns and ran around shooting all the time leaving welts on each other. I have now parked by bike in a place where I have a line of sight to my bike and since I'm up late most of the time, I hope to catch the thief... but I don't have any intentions of shooting him because 1. That person will know who I am, 2. That person will know where I live and 3. Getting into an extended conflict is not worth the effort (I have to live here for another 7 month's you know!) There are much better ways of skinning a cat!

All I just need to know is who is it and where he lives and the next time it gets stolen, I'll just come his door leave a post it note saying something like

"I know who you are,
I know where you live,
you won't know where or when,
but I'm going to get'ya. Yarrrr!"

and leave a pirate flag sticker on the door. Ain't that cute? If worse come to worse, I'll just start playing practical jokes on the poor bastard. Muah ha ha ha ha!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Well at least you got your bike back =)

You can also try buying a more expensive lock - the ones with really thick bars.

Good luck with your bike situation!