Thursday, August 25, 2005

Innocent Mistake

I finally caught the bike "thief" today when he decided to come out and get my bike. It turns out it was a friend of mine (still is a friend) and it was all an interesting little mistake. My friend, Resa, got a bike from his friend and this friend gave him the bike key and told him the general area where the bike was (which so happened to be right near mine). What it turned out was that the key fit into my lock perfectly and unlocked my bike. Huh, would you have guessed at that.


This is a picture of my bike


And this is a picture of the lock

In Japan, all bikes here come with a standard lock located at the front wheel of the bike usually. The mechanism is pretty simple-- a pin comes out and prevents the spokes from turning. As you can see in the picture there. So it turns out that Resa's friend gave him the keys to the bike and told him where it was, all he had to do was plug the key in to a few bikes and 'ta da' that's the bike.

Had a good laugh over that one. Resa's a good guy from Iran and that would probably explain why I had a sticker on my bike indicating that he paid for a bike parking fee.

Nearing the last leg of my cram session with 5 days left. Meaning I have time to review and prepare something for my interview on the 31st. I'm looking forward to the end of this. I have been in my room for so long. Well I took the weekend and Monday. I slept so much it was unbelievable. I also wake up really late (well that is because I go to bed really late).

On a side note, I've been downloading tons of music. I clocked in at 2 gigs today. Decided that I should acquire some Japanese music to listen to. People that I am currently listening to:

Koda Kumi
KOTOKO
Do as Infinity
Hitomi Yaida

English music I'm currently listening to:

Natalie Imbruglia
4 Strings
Thievery Corporation
Smash Mouth
Avril Lavigne (apparently she's really popular in Japan!)
Audioslave

No comments: