Monday, September 13, 2010

On the train on the way home

So this is the first weekend that I had with the opportunity to go traveling with the iPhone. Long story short, it makes a great traveling companion. I generally carry a DSLR camera to take nice photos of events and currently lack the gear to take videos. The iPhone equipped with a very nice camera and decent microphone is well equipped to take great videos. I'll post a few later on after getting home. The one other great thing is that the phone makes for a great tool for taking quick photos what I wouldn't be able to do with a big camera without looking uncivilized. I just was able to whip out the phone and took a few pictures at a nice French restaurant during dinner with a friend.

The other great thing that I am developing a liking for is access to the internet and good reading material that I wouldn't usually be able to look at while on the go. I have so far read several good articles from the comfort of my seat while on a 1 hour train ride back home from Tokyo. Actually I was out much further but I spent most of my time sleeping on the bullet train on the way back from a business trip.

I do wish the screen was a little larger for reading, but with a device that fits in my pocket and has a very, high resolution screen, I'll make do. But I can understand why the iPad might be a popular device.

The other great thing about having the iPhone is rhat I am able to write and post when an idea is fresh in the mind instead of having to wait utility I get home to type things out, by then sometimes the thought degenerates to the point that I can't write about it anymore. Something attributable to my inherent bad memory.

Oh and the one other thing that I really like is that I can were out complete sentences as opposed to the butchered version of English that comes out of most texting on cell phones. It called being civilized, bitches :). And that is how I roll.

No comments: