Saturday, September 11, 2010

From the iPhone on the train

It is a Saturday and as luck would have it, I was able to line up a business trip to Sendai while there is a jazz festival happening this weekend.

Given that I had some time to play around with the phone on the train I decided to see what would it be like to majestic a blog post from the phone. Accessing blogger from the phone turned out to be too slow so I opted to install an application that would let me post offline. Though I won't have much of the nicer text editing features like the bulleted list and font control, just posting text only seems sufficient to me.

Another potential feature that may end up shelling out done cash for is to add functionality to post pictures. The iPhone has a pretty nice camera and it might be fun to post pictures while on the go. Say like pictures of food.

The one thing about these smart phones and ultra portable devices is that you really don't know their real capabilities until you try them. So far I am pretty happy with the device though I have yet to find the killer application for me. I do feel that there is plenty of potential.

No comments: