Saturday, March 10, 2007

Looking Forward to Visitors in Sendai

Looks like I'll be looking forward to some friends coming to Japan next month. As one of my friends put it "everyone fulfills their promises." Sort of an interesting story behind that one, Ida came out to check out Japan and visit me in Sendai for several days. I ended up making a promise to visiting her back in Canada the next time I returned... and so I did, turning my 10 day stay in Canada into a whirlwind tour of Vancouver, Toronto and Calgary to visit friends all around Canada.

Before leaving, I left an open invitation for friends to come out to Japan to visit me. Much of it at first was talk at first but now, I have the wonderful opportunity to welcome more Canadian friends to Sendai during their 10 day tour of Japan. Will be looking forward to it.

Rather interesting to think that the world isn't such a huge place. A German friend of mine has returned to Sendai to visit his girlfriend and he'll be staying here for month. Friends from America, Sweden, Taiwan and China have made special appearances in Japan. I've also had the chance to visit friends in Taiwan, Korea and now France.

It's nice having friends all around the world, makes the world feel like a friendly place.

2 comments:

flutteringbutterfly85 said...

Ooh! I know what you mean! It's so nice having friends live in different countries and meeting them there and having them come over and show them around!!

flutteringbutterfly85 said...

Ooh! I know what you mean! It's so nice having friends live in different countries and meeting them there and having them come over and show them around!!