Wednesday, August 23, 2006

This will be a busy next 3 weeks

My objective for this week is to complete my presentation materials for my in-lab presentation this Saturday by Friday, 3 weeks in advance as I will be going on internship for 3 weeks in Utsunomiya at a department of Sumitomo Corporation. The objective for this presentation is to present my 4 months of work in under an hour.

Most presenters typically go for more than hour, though some people that don't have a lot to say might be faster. My goal will be to cover my matieral with people being able to understand the important parts of my reserach and what I have done. I'm already 30 slides into my presentation and I only worked for 3 hours today. I still will have to make more slides. Fortunately, most of these slides have lots of pictures.

As for my internship, I be working in a branch doing R&D on conductive polymers of Sumitomo Corporation. These polymers have applications in flexible displays. Though my real work is currently unknown to me, I will be looking forward to the opportunity to experience Japanese work life. Where I am based, is famous for having the best gyoza in Japan. I will, of course, have to verify this.

For the weekend of the 2nd and 3rd of September, my plans are to scale Mt. Fuji and stay over to watch the sunrise. The following weekend I will either be heading into Tokyo to stay over there during the weekend or making a short return to Sendai to catch the Sendai Jazz fesitval. I still have to decide on which I would like to do.

I reutrn from my internship on the 15th of September, a Friday and will make my presentation to the lab on the Saturday, the day after. I have other annoucements to make for after the 15th and will have them posted when I have settled on the details.

For this week, tonight I will be catching a movie from the son of Miyazaki Hayao (the maker of movies such as Totoro, Laputa, etc etc), a dinner with friends is schedules for tomorrow and Friday and a beach BBQ is scheduled for Sunday as Mike's farewell before he returns to MIT.

Keeping busy... in a good way.

No comments: