Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Spring is here!

Spring has finally arrived in Sendai! The flowers are out and the scenery is looking alive again. I don't know how I survived the winter but I did (and it was quite brutal at times :P). I spent part of the weekend out and about taking photos of the trees and blossoming flowers. What a sight, not a single cloud in the sky.

Spring in Sendai is immensely important, it's the best season I think that Sendai has to offer. The only problem is that it's too short lived. After the second week of May, most of Japan goes into the rainy season for 1~2 months then we head into the dead of summer which is smouldering hot (with high humidity). I've only got 2~3 weeks to enjoy this... live it up!


The sun on white flowers in full bloom


Sendai's Boulevard. In 3 weeks, it'll be all green!


Trees sprouting green. People at play in the fields


In front of the library in town

More pictures to come! Got class in 10 minutes, gotta scoot!

No comments: