Thursday, April 13, 2006

How Embarrassing (Whoops!)

There are some people out there that think I'm really smart. I studied Engineering Physics, finished it in the standard 5 years (dispite losing a year when I transfered departments) and then I came to Japan to study Nanotechnology. Some of my friends "oooh-ahhh" at me when I tell them my background. Today, I intend to dispel all notions that I am an intelligent being.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. --Einstien

What did I do today? I screwed up one of the electron-microscopes at lab by putting in the sample holder in upside down, sliding it past the stage holder and then unscrewing it with it fall ing off somewhere unretrievable with the samples I made today still stuck to it. The machine a $500k+ machine; and yes, after a series of unfortunate events requiring a degree of stupidity to pull off in direct sequence, I have managed to screw the machine up. The best part, it is one of the most used machines at lab. I am feeling particulary clever right now.

The best part is that I've just finish sending an e-mail to oh.. about 100 people that use the machine that "A sample holder is stuck in the machine." Sigh.

In honesty I don't mind screwing up. I revel in my mistakes... and I have a most interesting history of them. The only mistakes that I care about are the ones that screw other people up... if it screws me up, well~ that doesn't change things that much now does it? (ha~ha!)

Ces't la vive.

1 comment:

Paladiamors said...

Well, I didn't distroy it yet atleast :P