Sunday, May 09, 2010

12 Days of Vacation coming to an end

My vacation is winding down to an end with today being my last day off. It's been a busy vacation, heading out to Sendai, spending time at the hot springs, drinking till the morning, going for lunch, catching the bullet train back, then having drinks with other friends after arriving in Tokyo and then a home party the next day. I've also rode done 3x30 km bike rides out to the beach and back, coupling that with some exercising at home. The body isn't picking up as much muscle as I would like, but I managed to luck out just today with a friend that had a big exercise machine that he wanted to unload.

A shot of the machine from the front
A shot from the side, also exposing my messy room
(yes, I keep an oscilloscope in the room)

The machine retails for about $550 and I managed to get this machine used off a friend for about $275. I just finished moving the machine in to my room and it was plenty of work to heave about. The exercise machine can be completely disassembled but we decided to try and move it around largely in one piece. Buying this machine is a great investment as I used to spend about $60/month for a gym subscription that I could only use once a week because of my late working hours.

Now that I have an exercise machine at home, I should be able to squeeze in a 30~45 min round of exercise, then hitting the showers before going to bed. If you are planning to do muscular training for more than a year, then an exercise machine is well worth the investment. Hopefully, I will have some nice muscular development happening over the next few months.

Going off on another tangent, I've been spending a lot of time out recently, that I've found myself to be a lot more productive while spending time out of the home, or away from the computer. There just seems to be too many distractions on the net keeping me from doing productive activities. I will be looking into trying to cut down the amount of time surfing the net and doing productive work in my spare time.

I've found that it helps for me to have a list of things that I should to and pick something from there to do, else I end up vegging out reading webpages instead.

No comments: