Wednesday, October 26, 2005

No desire for the computer

I stare at my comptuer screen almost all day reading research papers. Right now, I still am in the process of getting a reserach theme down. I'm going to turn down a project for an implantable glucose sensor due to probably complications due to the human immune system most likely rejecting the device.

With that gone, that leaves me with one project one of my professors have proposed -- an electron beam lithography system using carbon nanotubes. Seems interesting but I am rather worried about the feasibility about the system using the proposed technique one of my professors gave me. How I hate to deal with uncertainty in research because I am going to be dedicating myself to a project for the next 2 years for my masters thesis.

So for the past 3 weeks, I've been doing nothing but reading reserach papers on a varety of topics in my field. Many of them on the computer but I've been taking the time to print things out and read them on paper (reading reserach papers on the computer is tiring... I can read entire novels on my computer but not research papers it seems). With all the reading I've been doing, I am getting pretty tired of looking at my computer monitor all day, meaning that by the time I get home, I don't really feel like updating the blog (as it requires me to stare at the screen some more while I write).

What about today? Well today is different because I went to bed at about 10:00 pm and woke up at about 4:30 am. After milling in bed till 5:00 am I was out. Took a miserable shower; the hot water was not on in the building and all I got was some luke warm water that was on the cold side. I was hoping for a nice HOT shower in the morning. Since it's getting cold in Sendai, much how it is like in Canada stepping out of the shower into the hall way on the way back to my room was horrible. I grabbed some food and in the lab by 6:00 am. So before I get tired of looking at the monitor all the day, I figured that I should do a bit of an update. And yes, I am in sort of a cranky mood at the moment.

Life has been busy here. I have been going to parties over the weekend. Hosting dinner get togethers during the week with friends and staying at the lab late from time to time. I can stay out late at the lab a few times a week but do it too often I get tired of hanging out at the lab during the day. (Heh, I even look for a secluded couch somewhere in the building to crash once in a while).

Well it's 7:30 am now... half awake. Going to take a quick break and then do something... which I don't know yet.

No comments: