Monday, December 14, 2009

If it says "happy new year" then it's going to cost you extra

I looked up on the Japanese postal service website this weekend that postcards cost about 80 cents to send abroad. In Japan, it is rather customary for people to send out post cards for seasonal greetings. I bought a bunch of then wrote them up and sent out 15 of them just today.

I then go back to the site to take a look around and realize that "greeting cards" cost $1.20 to send abroad. If it says "happy birthday," "congratulations" or "merry Christmas," then instead of the usual post card price the price to send out my cards jumps up to the $1.20 price mark. Instead of "net neutrality," I think we need "postal neutrality!"

Long story short, it means that the cards that I spent a few days writing are apparently going to get trashed. If you get your card late, you'll know why... time to do some re writing....

bah humbug!

No comments: