Sunday, January 20, 2008

It has been a while

It has been a while since the last time I have done any real writing. over the course of this journey, I havve been traeling and writing short notes on what I have been doing in a hand written journal, of which, I am about 3 weeks behind in writing, something that I will need to complete after I return to my home in Japan.

During the time I have been traveling, I have not had the opportunity to do much essay writing, though I had many interesting ideas pop up and had them written down in a note book. It was not until recently, that I had the chance to take a look at some of the notes and ideas I had and write them out into an essay. Unfortunately, my efforts have yet to bear fruit.

What I realized is that I have a limited time frame to write out my thoughts before they fade. Quite often, ideas simply strike me out of the blue, often while observing the surroundings around me. The idea will often have a central concept and my mind will run through the idea, making a variety of connections. In the end, I may end up with an essay idea crystalized in my head which I am able to hash out into a post.

Unfortuately as of recently, I haven't had the opportunity to do much of that and as a result, my writing capabilities have dwindled somewhat as it becomes harder for me to put words into my thoughts. After returning to Japan, I will have to get back into the grove of writing to bring my ability to articulate myself back up.

For the time being, I will have to shelve some of the ideas I've had during this trip for writing at a future date. What I've noticed sometimes is that some ideas that I don't write about get “redicovered” and I may have a second chance to write about them in the near future.

No comments: