Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Asking ourselves the wrong question

Today, I will keep it brief because I wanted to try something different. I've noticed while reading on the internet that there is just so much fluff in writing online that just bores me. "Get to the point" I keep on thinking, but the article just keeps on meandering to make it's point, mostly these end up to be multi page articles posted online so that people have to click through to be bombarded with more ads and I abhor it. So I was wondering if I could materialistically write and see if my point still gets across, or even better yet, stimulate thinking instead of me explaining everything. I could write a whole essay, but I will hold off this time around.

Today's thought is:

I think we've been asking ourselves the wrong question. We'd always get asked "what do you want to be when you grow up" and we'd answer with "doctor," "firemen," "pilot" and more. But we've missed the point of it; it's not about what do we want to be, it's all about what do we want to do. What we turn out to be is just a by-product of the things we are doing.

No comments: