Tuesday, June 05, 2007

On my way to Graduating

This weekend was a 2-for-1 deal in terms of making presentations. I did my 4 month presentation on what I have been doing and at the same time, did my mid-term presentation for my graduate thesis. All in all, both presentations went well, with the mid-term going exceptionally well.

The annoying thing is that in reality, I am closer to graduating than I realize; I have to make my final graduation presentation at the end of July and after that, I am technically done. I still have some experimentation that I need to get done before that time and also produce a 50 page report on what I have been doing for the past 2 years. I still have yet to start writing this document.

I got contacted by Sony just recently about my start date and it seems that they want me to join them in April at *their leisure* since Japanese people typically graduate in April as opposed to me graduating in October... and for the fact that I am the only person out of the 400 people they hired that is graduating in October. In short, this means that I have 6 months of free time!

So, what am I going to do during these 6 months? The possibilities are numerous and I know for that I will be planning on doing some traveling. Where I will go and for how long has yet to be determined but rest assured that big plans will be made. I will be reporting in on those at a later date.

No comments: