Saturday, September 09, 2006

In Tokyo Now!

Arrived into tokyo lsat night and now staying at a youth hostel. And wow, it's the cheapest youth hostel I've ever seen (and quite good too)! For 20 bucks you can stay over night, got access to some public washrooms and all the people staying here are pretty nice. I think I've had the most fun meeting foreign people in Japan actually, they really are that easy to talk to. The link to this place is here.

Going out to check out the market around Ueno, Roppongi (the really uptown district) and then Yokohama later today. Going to rent some bicycles and ride them around town today instead of taking the train everywhere. Should be an interesting adventure. Will be here till Sunday.

3 comments:

yuti said...

I stayed in a hostel by Minnowa station (close to Ueno Park) when I was in Tokyo. I tried getting a room at Khaosan but they were fully booked.

I agree that meeting foreigners is the best part about staying in hostels. I met people from Britain, Sweden, Singapore, Italy...

By the way, Roppongi is upscale, but not as upscale as Ginza!

yuti said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Paladiamors said...

Ginza is more upscale you say? Really, mm I ought to check it out when I go back to Tokyo another time. My only memories of ginza were of a kid and it was full of department stores that my mom used to take me to. Ever since then, I just had this department store kind of image of Ginza and never bothered to return. hehehe

Now that you mention it I'll have to check it out!