Friday, September 22, 2006

Chungnam University: Daejeon

I am now currently sitting in front of a computer in Chungnam university, where my friend Su I am currently visiting studies. I have so far crashed 2 classes with her (she is a Japanese major) and I got caught in one class, interestingly in a Japanese listening class. The teacher was pretty friendly... the first thing she said was "hmm, class seems a little bigger today" in Japanese. I did end up learning a little Japanese on this end as well. Hah, learning Japanese in Korea.

Outside of the cultural studies building, is some martial arts demonstration going on. I will have to leave this station soon to check it out. There is music blaring and men dressed up in white looking traditional clothing doing some kind of dance or something.

I stayed in downtown Daejeon last night, came to the university sat in on a few classes, hung out with a new friend I made from the Japanese class, where we played some basket ball and went out for some food and drinks in the evening. A great time was had!

What awaits for me today, I have no clue, but it will be fun anyways.

No comments: