Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Season's Greetings.... and Farewell Firefly

I have no sense of time at the moment. Life, as usual is operating on a week by week basis. It snowed a few weeks ago and now that I'm looking at the date, it's almost Chrismas. Where the hell did time go? I know this for sure-- I don't have time to send out x-mas cards or do any real sort of holiday season preparation. I have learned something thus far-- if you're going to work hard on something, there had better be some value that you're going to get out of it at the end, or by the end, you're going to feel robbed... and you are going to feel robbed of alot of things. Fortunately for me, it hasn't come down to that. You just gotta deal with the mechanics of study, work, experiments and knowing what you want at the end. Simple... sort'a.

So Chrismas is comming up, it's a week away. Officially the lab doesn't close until the New years, but I'm taking the days starting from the 26th off. I'm tired and all I want to do at the moment is crawl into bed, hibernate and read. But that isn't going to happen, because the holiday seasons are here and the other students here at the dorms are going to be setting up parties and such... as a likely result, I'll be hopping along for the ride and will still be tired at the end :P I want a (real) vacation.

In other news, I've read on /. that one of my most favorite TV series is being laid to rest for the time being. Information here. Dispite huge support from fans, since the TV series was cancelled years ago and even after the release of the movie (which I still have yet to see but had great reviews but not a blockbuster turnout... [official link] here) it seems that there wasn't enough mainstream support to get the thing off the ground. What can I say, (I feel like I'm writing a eulegy...) just watch it. Fire up e-mule or a bit torrent, whatever download or buy the DVDs.. just watch it. It's good... I just wish there was more.

No comments: