Thursday, December 01, 2005

Screwed! Well not completly.... but mainly

I have a presentation this weekend, this Saturday in particular. You see, in this lab we have weekly meetings.... on Saturdays. This isn't the norm, it's just the lab that I decided to pick. That and it turns out I picked well... the lab is also quite good.

Well every Saturday, everyone attend these meetings where members (3 of them a week) are to present to the rest of the 50 members to the lab their work for the past ~3 months. Well great, I've been officially been a part of this lab since the beginning of October and I've gone though 2 research themes and was going to present my most current one (yeah we know where this is going...).

So I've been prepping for this presentation for the past 2 weeks (I was supposed to be done last week because I got the date wrong and started preparing a week early). So, well here I am, 2 days before the presentation... and decided to talk to my professor to hear what points in particular so I'd have my bases covered. Well what happened, is that my proff wants me to go and present my previous research theme as well to everyone because he thoght my research was indepth and so that I would not forget it. I have 2 days before my presentation dude! My presentation is already going to be long; I can already feel it. NB. I've already slaughtered a group of students in a robotics class with my monstrosity of a presentation... weighing in about 63 slides and 2 hours long and I am going to do this again?

Well I don't mind the talking part, it's just the preparation. Driving me batty. Thursday night and I was looking forward to getting this presentation of mine down just barely but up to snuff for this Saturday. I'm also scheduled for a tour of a micro-fabrication plant for tomorrow that is going to eat up a chunk of my day. Sigh...

I wonder I'm going to watch the sunrise from my lab... haw...

2 comments:

doris said...

slacker.

j/k ;)

how'd it go?

Paladiamors said...

The presentation went pretty well. I did in english since it seems that these people do presentations in English from time to time at international conferences. Total number of slides weighted in at about 80. Muah hahahaha... A little on the long side to say the least but hey... the prof asked for it :)