Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Getting Physical

One thing that is manditory in Japan is a physical examination. While in University, I`ve never had a physical examination... actually my first real physical examination in my entire life was right before comming to Japan to make sure that I was A-Ok (seriously, I am!). Examination was quick and painless, they took a quick x-ray shot of my chest and then whipped me over to another room to have my height,weight and blood presure checked. Finally, I was shuttled into a room where a doc prodded at my cheeks (ie. pulled them down), asked me to swallow while he had his thumbs on my throat and that was it.

Results:

BPM=60/min
BMI:21.5
Blood Pressure=107/63

Wikipedia says that I`m at a good weight and my blood pressure is in the low section (which is good). Heart rate is supposedly low, so that`s also a good thing. I am quite alive and kicking :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pulling your cheeks down was to check your conjunvutae (sp?) as a screen for anemia (lots of asians, due to thalessmia, are) and check cranial nerve VII. Feeling your neck while you swallow is to facillate checking the size of your thyroid, in case you're hypothyroid (which would make you more stupid than usual =P). I read the LR+ and LR- for enlarged thyroid, but I don't remember them, and I'm going to write the written half of my licensing exam today. Sigh. I'm so screwed, ain't I? That, or it'll be:
"Ida levels up! Class Change!"