Monday, April 29, 2013

CME Margins go up thus gold prices down

I've been looking at my portfolio account recently. Been doing a little bit of rebalancing because I've just had no time at all to do some real investing. Oddly enough, the date I did my rebalancing was on April 16th, right after the big drop in gold prices and parked some cash in gold because of the terrible tail spin that the yen was going through. I suggest that you don't do what I did but I noticed a mail that came in a while back on April 15th; margin requirements for commodities would be going up by about 18.5% effective April 16th.


And now there is this huge chatter about gold being cheap and all the ordinary folks are jumping into buying gold. Gold prices are up about 7% since the bottom. I am going to set a target to get a little more out of this position, get out and put cash back into equities.

No comments: