Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Being shipped off to Kyushu for a few months

The current phase of the project that I am working on has ended and as a result of that, it seems that my expertise are required elsewhere in the company. Crunch time is coming up for a special Sept deadline and I was just called in by the boss, yesterday to learn that I am being shipped off to Kagoshima, Kyushyu for 2 months to help troubleshoot some process related issues.

They'll be putting me up in a hotel for the first week and then a mid-term housing arrangement while I am there. I'll likely be working a few graveyard shifts as well... the compensation for taking this job is still being hammered out but here is hoping that I get some good spending money out of this.

Working on a few other things on the side as of the moment and the weekends have been really busy with events.

In other news, I'll be taking a 1 week vacation in the first week of Aug to visit Vietnam and Cambodia. Posting will remain light...

No comments: