Tuesday, October 27, 2009

The things that you should do, but don't

There are whole bunch of things that I want to do but don't get around to. I come home, read the news (most of it garbage), play some computer games, goof off some more then all of a sudden it's 2 am and it's off to bed else I'll be screwed for the following morning.

Most of the time I spend after work goes into killing time, unfortunately and nearly everyday it feels like a terrible waste, but yet... it... is... so addictive. It's terrible because the time could be used for so much better purposes.

Will power is one of those strange things about human nature. I do wonder why can it be so hard to do the things that you want/should do? I used to think like a mathematician, since the solution was possible and it could be solved/done then no further work is necessary. Unfortunately, things don't usually work out like that and a lot of will power is required to do the hard work to accomplish something.

So there are a ton of things that I want to do but never get around to doing. How does one becomes excellent with executions with plans? I don't know, but for now, it just comes and goes with me. There are times when I really want to get out and do things and other times I'm must "meh." The real trick is finding the recipe to getting the things that you know you should do. The right motivation? It's gotta be something along that direction.

No comments: