Wednesday, March 26, 2008

A short update

It's been a little while since the last post. This post will be a random mish-mash of topics.

Moving:

Moved out of Sendai to Kanagawa in preparation for working with Sony. Will have a physical check tomorrow and I think my belly has gotten a little bigger this month as a result of lots of eating out with friends (farewell parties).

Moving is a bit of a pain and it amazes me with how much stuff I have. After traveling for 3 months I definitely want to cut down on personal belongings to the essential (stuff I use often). The rest just clutters up the room and I find that I lead a more focused life when I restrict myself to only having the essentials for what I want to do.

Stock Market:

The US is going to go into a recession. The FED is eventually going to run out of space with their interest cuts and will have nowhere to run. They are just prolonging this slow decline. I recommending holding gold and minimizing your USD unless you're good at investing in this climate, either finding companies that thrive or good stocks to short sell.

Prediction Market:

I've also started getting into the prediction market with contracts $700 bet for a $300 return that Obama will win the Democratic nomination and contracts at $290 bet for a $130 return for a US recession by the end of this year.

1 comment:

*~MaNgKoOd~* said...

Hi Justin,


How's your new place??? I really wish to visit Japan this time as the sakura's so beautiful..

Cheers
Hnon