Saturday, September 29, 2007

Stuck in Switzerland for the Day

Well I was planning on heading back to Japan today, but it seems that plans was thwarted as a result of some technical difficulties of the plane that was supposed to get me out of Switzerland. On the upside of things is that I did get a free stay in the hotel near by the airport in Geneva for an extra day and went into town for some shopping and got some free meals. Yum.

I did learn something though, and that is when getting off the plane from a cancelled flight, it is critical that you get to the rerouting counters quickly, the thing being is that the waits for these lines are long and it is critical that you try and get rerouted as soon as possible. As the day wears onwards, the problem is that there are less and less flights available for you to get rerouted.

Well, I will be looking forward to getting back in to Japan tomorrow to unwind and upload some photos later on of Denmark and Sweden.

On a side note, there is this hot girl beisde me that is sort of competing against me in terms of typing speed. We are totally hammering on the keyboard to see who can type the fastest. It's hilarious!

2 comments:

Lord Metroid said...

How exciting, the wait for those pictures are killing me. Hope the vacation was nice down south ;)

Unknown said...

Man, you are so lucky. I'm stuck here in a dark pit arguing over the phone with stuckup ICU residents. Life sucks =(

And I have to paint my house (or find someone to do it for me...)