Saturday, August 01, 2015

Not a whole lot of value in the markets

I've been looking at the markets recently and I just haven't been finding all that many good things to buy recently. I've got a few long positions in a few companies have looks to have good fundamentals but my biggest wins have been coming from taking short positions against companies that I think have significant down sides. 

Companies that I think are over values at the moment are SHLD, NAV and ADRO. Been holding these positions for a month now and they've been paying back significantly well. Will be looking for more down side. There are a few other companies that my scans have been piking up with decent down side and they've played out exactly as I've been expecting over the last few months.

It's earnings season right now so it will be interesting to watch how the markets react to earnings and updated growth rates of the companies in the market.

No comments: