Saturday, September 26, 2009

Stopping and Thinking

In a rare coincidence, it seems that a bunch of Japanese holidays managed to line up this month resulting in having 3 week days off. I opted to take an additional 2 days off to take the week off for an entire 9 days.

I've been away from work for about 8 days so far and it's been great to get away from everything for a while.

I'll have pictures later on, but I opted to head out to the Japanese country side in Nagano to spent 5 days to attend a fire festival and go hiking through a mountain range known as the Japanese Alps. It was also nice to get away from the internet and my computer too, as it some how ends up being a significant time sink, which allowed me to do a whole lot of activities and meet people that I wouldn't usually have the opportunity to.

I'v also realized that being away from the computer for a while has been a good thing, which has allowed me to use some of the down time to just do some thinking that I usually wouldn't do, which has left me a little rusty in the cognative and reflection department. Also, I haven't been able to put perspective into what has been going on in life recently as it's rather easy to get stuck into a repetitive grind. And when that happens, sometimes a lot of things going on around loses a lot of meaning... and it also can get quite disorientating, especially when it comes to making decisions.

This has been kind of tough these last month with the long hours and other things going on with the personal life, for which for the time being I am going to leave the details out. But I have some tough but necessary things to do for which I haven't been seeing in a positive light, which also makes it tougher. It's important to find the positive things and focus on them... and keep going, because if you don't, you'll end up in a situation/place that you don't want to be.

I'll admit that I am being a little vague right now, because it doesn't seem right to say everything at the moment, though I would much rather be entirely open. I need to put all the bad things that happened this year and a few recent things behind me and move on.

No comments: