Thursday, July 17, 2008

Accepted to the Journal of Nanotechnology

2 years of study and experimentation was first written into an 80 page document which became my graduation thesis. I would make my first research conference debut at the 2007 Micro and Nano Engineering conference held in Denmark coveting an oral presentation slot where my research was presented to an international audience of professors and students.

Now finally, after 6 months of review and editing, my research paper has been accepted to the Journal of Nanotechnology; 2 years of work summarized into 6 pages. As of current, the last device I fabricated as a grad student has the lowest turn on voltage for an electron emission device (5V) in the world. I wasn't aiming for such a result, but as luck would have it, it's what I ended up with.

Not many masters students are able to have a research paper accepted into a research publication as the principle author, but I am quite happy to say that I did manage to get out of my masters degree with some tangible result.

3 comments:

Lord Metroid said...

What Journal, I am eager to reader your article.

Have you seen the final results of the publication yourself?

Paladiamors said...

The paper has been accepted and the paper will be published in the near future. I'll have the title and everything up later on!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Ho-ser. Please send me a copy of the article in print when you do get it =)

Oh... I also sent you your invite...by snail mail. Hopefully you get it sometime soon.